Before you begin
Version: v5 (what does this mean?)
Plans: All plans. However, multi-asset work orders are only available for customers on the Professional and Enterprise tiers.
To create a new work order:
- In Maintenance > Work Orders, click New:
- If you have multiple sites, select the site you would like to create the work order in.
- Click Save to create your work order.
- (Optional, these fields can be filled in anytime after the work order is created) Enter information as needed in the drop-down fields at the top section of the page:
Field name Description Example Work Order Status The work order's status. Open Maintenance Type The type of maintenance being performed in this work order. Preventive Priority The work order's priority. High Asset The asset the work order is performed on. X-ray machine Project The project the work order belongs to. Electrical upgrades Suggested Completion Date The date that the work order should be completed by. May 01, 2023 04:30:00 PM
- (Optional, these fields can be filled in anytime after the work order is created) Fill out the fields in the General tab as needed:
Field name Description Example Summary of Issue A high-level description of the work that needs to be completed. Check the condition of water heater Work Instructions
Descriptions of how to complete the tasks in the work order. These are automatically filled in from task descriptions.
Test the pressure relief valve Assigned To User The user who should complete the work order. Carolyn Winters Estimated Labor The estimated amount of time the work order will take. 1 hour Completed By User The user who completed the work order. To be filled out after completion. Carolyn Winters Actual Labor The actual amount of time the work order took. To be filled out after completion. 2 hours Date Completed The actual date the work order was completed on. To be filled out after completion. April 30, 2023 04:30:00 PM
- Click Save to save your changes.
Once your work order has been created, you can add any of the following information to it:
- Completion details
- Cost information
- Labor tasks
- Meter readings
- Miscellaneous costs
- Purchase orders (Enterprise only)
- Custom fields (Enterprise only)
To learn more, see the articles linked above.