Before you begin
For a part to be added to a work order, it must already exist in Supplies > Parts and Supplies.
Version: v5 (what does this mean?)
Plans: All plans
In the Parts tab, you can add parts to a work order to record the number and type of parts used. You can indicate both the planned quantity of parts to use as well as the actual quantity used.
To learn how to update a parts entry for a work order, see Edit parts on a work order.
To add parts to a work order:
- If the work order you want to add parts to to isn't already open, click it in the work order list (in Maintenance > Work Orders).
- Click the Parts tab:
- Click the Add icon () at the bottom left of the tab.
- Click the arrow next to the Part/supply field or type into the field to search through your records:
- Select the stock you want to use for this work order from the list.
NoteA stock is a supply of parts at a specific facility. If you do not have any stock records yet, you can create one by clicking New at the bottom of the list.
- Enter the planned quantity of parts or the actual quantity used, as needed.
Entering the actual quantity used removes that quantity from the stock inventory after the work order is saved.
- Click OK.
- Click Save in the top menu bar.