Before you begin
You can only include work order custom fields in looks created using the Work Order Custom Fields explore. You can either create a look manually using this explore or by copying the existing Work Orders with Fiix Custom Fields – Last 2 Months look.
Work order custom fields are handled differently than other CMMS data. As a result, when you update custom field values in work orders, it can take up to an hour before those changes are reflected in Analytics.
Plan: Enterprise only
Filtering a look by a work order custom fields differs slightly from how you filter using other fields. Unlike other fields, where you can create a single filter for the value, when filtering by a custom field, you must first filter by both the value and the field name.
To filter using a work order custom field:
- Open the look in edit mode. To learn how, see Edit a look.
- Expand the Work Order Custom Fields section in the fields list:
- Click the filter icon next to Custom field name filter:
- In the Filters section, select the custom field you want to filter by. For example, this filter is for the cleaned_equip custom field:
- In the fields list, click the filter icon next to the type of field you selected in step 4. In the example above, the Cleaned Equipment custom field is a boolean, so we selected Boolean Filter (Yes/No):
- In the Filters section, select the value you want to filter for in the drop-down list. Continuing the example above, if we want to see work orders where the Cleaned Equipment custom field is set to no, we would select No in that filter:
- To apply the filter, click Run.
- To save the look with this filter, click Save.