Before you begin
Records that contain special characters (commas, quotation marks, etc.) can result in corrupted data, and can even cause imports to fail. We suggest doing a test import with only 2 or 3 records to ensure your formatting is correct. To learn more about special characters in import files, see Troubleshooting Imports.
Re-importing assets records can be used to update asset information. This procedure demonstrates how to update asset data.
Note: The asset code, and asset name are used in combination by the CMMS as unique identifiers. For this reason, these two fields cannot be updated using the import module. These two fields need to be updated manually.
1. To update asset information quickly, open the asset list, select the assets, and click Export
2. Open the file in a spreadsheet application, and remove any unwanted columns
3. When updating records, always keep the Asset Code and Asset Name column. Add the column headers, and fields to be updated.
4. Save the spreadsheet as a .csv file
5. Select Assets, and Import
6. Select the file, and click Continue
7. Define the field mappings by matching the header in your CSV file to the corresponding item from the drop down menu. The fields shown on the left are extracted from your file, and the drop downs are the CMMS fields. After mapping the fields click Continue
8. Select Use this answer for all future questions, and click Update
9. Click Import
10. Click Done
11. The asset information is now updated