Before you begin
- Records that contain special characters (commas, quotation marks, etc.) can result in corrupted data, and can even cause imports to fail. We suggest doing a test import with only 2 or 3 records to ensure your formatting is correct. To learn more about special characters in import files, see Troubleshooting Imports.
When importing, any columns that you leave blank will result in blank records, as they are not auto-populated by the CMMS. To prevent unexpected issues, we suggest removing any columns you don’t need to update.
This article will outline how to use the import work orders to your CMMS.
1. To start, first create a .CSV file. For a list of importable fields see Data Import Overview
2. To import the Work Order select: Maintenance, Work Orders, Import
3. Select a .CSV file and click Continue
4. Define the field mappings by matching the header in your CSV file to the corresponding item from the drop down menu. The fields shown on the left are extracted from your file while the fields chosen through the drop downs are CMMS fields.
5. Click Continue and follow the prompts to complete the import.