Before you begin
Plans: Professional and Enterprise
Alerts allow you to automatically notify users when specific conditions are met in a dashboard tile. For example, you could set up alerts to notify users when:
- A user is assigned more than 10 work orders
- A critical asset has more than 5 open work orders
- There are more than 17 overdue work orders
- Monthly maintenance costs are over $50,000
The email alerts that users receive include a link to the dashboard the alert was configured in:
You can send alerts under the following conditions:
- Is greater than
- Is less than
- Is equal to
- Is greater than or equal to
- Is less than or equal to
For tiles that contain date or time fields, you can also send alerts under the following conditions:
- Increases by
- Decreases by
- Changes by (which is a combination of Increases by and Decreases by)
To create an alert on a dashboard tile:
- Navigate to the dashboard you want to create an alert in. To learn how, see View dashboards.
- In the tile you want to create the alert for, click the alert icon:
- Enter a name for the alert in the field provided.
- In the Condition section, use the fields provided to specify when (i.e. under what conditions) you want the alert to be sent:
In the example above, alerts will be sent if there are more than 25 work orders that meet the tile's filter conditions. In this case, because the tile shows the number of late work orders, the alert would be sent if there are more than 25 late work orders.
- Enter the email addresses you want to send alerts to.
- Use the Frequency and Time settings to specify how often alerts are sent:
In the example above, the app will send alerts at 5:00 AM each day that the alert parameters are met (e.g. more than 25 late work orders).
- Click Save Alert.
Once you've saved the alert, a badge is added to the alert icon to show how many alerts have been created for that tile:
To see that tile's alerts, click the icon. In the menu next to the alert, you can edit, duplicate (i.e. copy), or delete it: