This article contains answers to the following common questions about Asset insights:
- Who is eligible for asset insights?
- How often are insights generated?
- If we don't meet the data requirements, can we base insights on a manual definition of "normal"?
- How many assets can in include in asset insights?
- Can I select which assets to include?
- Why aren't all of the assets I selected included in my insights?
- How are closed work orders determined?
- How are the top 10 active work orders determined?
- Does the algorithm compare assets in the same category?
- How does asset insights handle assets that don't need frequent maintenance?
Who is eligible for asset insights?
When you upgrade to the Professional or Enterprise plan, asset insights is enabled automatically at the start of the following month. For example, if you upgrade on July 5, asset insights will be added to your feature menu on August 1.
To generate asset insights, you must have at least 3 months of work order data in your CMMS. If you don't meet the minimum data requirement, the feature is still enabled automatically, but the dashboard will be blank until you have enough data to populate it.
How often are insights generated?
Asset insights are generated monthly on the date that you select.
If we don't meet the data requirements, can we base insights on a manual definition of "normal"?
No, we don't currently offer this functionality.
How many assets can I include in asset insights?
The number of assets you can include in asset insights varies based on your plan:
|Plan||Number of assets|
Can I select which assets to include?
Yes. By default, we automatically generate insights for the assets with the most closed work orders in the past month. However, if there are specific assets you'd like to include instead, you can change your asset insight settings. The assets you select will be included in the next set of insights (i.e. insights that have already been generated will continue to display the old asset list).
To learn more, see Select which assets to include in asset insights.
Why aren't all of the assets I selected included in my insights?
There could be 2 reasons for this:
- Asset insights are generated once a month, so the assets you select won't be included until the next time insights are generated. For example, if asset insights are generated on the 1st of the month, and you selected new assets on the 25th, the new assets wouldn't be included in your asset insights until the 1st.
- You must have at least 3 months of work order data for an asset before it can be included in asset insights. If the asset you selected is a newer asset, it might not have enough data yet.
How are closed work orders determined?
Instead of counting closed work orders by their status, a work order is counted as closed if it has a completion date.
How are the top 10 active work orders determined?
We determine the top 10 active work orders based on the following criteria:
- Priority (higher priority ranks higher)
- Suggested completion date (closer dates rank higher)
- Whether it was generated via scheduled maintenance (non-SM work orders rank higher)
- Creation date (earlier creation dates rank higher)
Does the algorithm compare assets in the same category?
No, the algorithm defines the "normal" range based on each asset's historical data, rather than by the data for its asset category.
How does asset insights handle assets that don't need frequent maintenance?
As long as the asset meets the necessary requirements (i.e. 3 months of data), the algorithm will be able to find the normal range for it.
For example, if you have an asset that typically only has one work order per year, its normal amount of work orders per month would be close to 0. This means that if you have a month where there are 3 work orders for that asset, this increase would be flagged in asset insights.