Before you begin
You must first configure the accounts and charge departments you want to use. To learn more, see Edit lookup tables.
Version: v6 (what does this mean?)
Plans: All plans
There are two types of cost information you can add to a work order:
- Accounts, which specify the budget associated with the maintenance costs on the work order.
- Charge departments, which specify the department in your organization associated with the maintenance costs on the work order.
To add cost information to a work order:
- If the work order you want to add cost information to isn't already open, click it in the work order list (in Maintenance > Work Orders).
- Click the Costs tab.
- Click Cost Tracking to expand the section:
- To add an account to the work order:
- Click the Add button in the Account field.
- Click an account in the list.
- Click Save.
- To add a charge department to the work order:
a. Click the Add button in the Charge Department field.
b. Click a charge department in the list.
c. Click Save.
- When you're done adding cost information, click Save in the work order.