Before you begin
Version: v6 (what does this mean?)
Plans: All plans
An equipment’s status indicates whether it’s currently available for use. The status has two parts:
- A base status of Online, Offline, Standby, or Retired.
- The reason why it’s assigned that base status, such as it being offline because it’s damaged or online because it’s in use.
The app provides a number of default statuses that represent the most common scenarios. If you need to assign a status that doesn’t already exist, you can create a new one.
Technically, when you create a new status, you’re adding a new reason to one of the four standard statuses. For example, if you wanted to create a new status for equipment that’s waiting on parts, you could create a new status that combines the existing Offline base status with a new “Waiting on Parts” reason.
To create an equipment status:
- In Assets > Equipment, click Settings:
- Click Statuses:
- Click Create:
- In the Status drop-down list, select the base status you want to use. Continuing the example at the start of this article, you’d select Offline:
- In the Reason field, enter the reason you want to use for this new status. Continuing the example at the start of this article, you’d enter “Waiting on Parts”.
- (Optional) To provide users more context for when to use this status, fill in the Description field.
- Click Save.