Before you begin
Version: v6 (what does this mean?)
Plans: All plans
An equipment’s status indicates whether it’s currently available for use. The status has two parts:
- A base status of Online, Offline, Standby, or Retired.
- The reason why it’s assigned that status, such as it being offline because it’s damaged, or online because it’s in use.
The app provides a number of default statuses that represent the most common scenarios. If your organization needs to assign additional statuses, you can create new ones. To learn more, see Equipment statuses.
To change an equipment’s status:
- In Assets > Equipment, click the Status button in the row for the piece of equipment whose status you want to change:
If you’re already editing the equipment record, you can click the Status button at the top of the record instead.
- In the Status drop-down list, select the appropriate base status for the equipment. For example, if the equipment is damaged and can’t currently be used, you would select Offline.
- In the Reason drop-down list, select the reason why the equipment is being assigned that status. Continuing the example above, you would select Damaged:
The reasons you can select will differ based on which Status you selected above.
- (Optional) Do any of the following:
- If you want to record notes about why you’re changing the equipment’s status, enter them in the Additional Details field.
- By default, the app records your name in the Changed By field. To select a different user instead, click Change and select a user from the list:
- By default, the app records the current date and time in the Date Changed and Time Changed fields. To change the date and time, enter new values in those fields.
- Click Save.