Before you begin
Currently, assigning equipment to users or user groups just indicates who “owns” or is responsible for the equipment. In a future release, these users will also start to receive notifications about the equipment, such as when its status changes.
Version: v6 (what does this mean?)
Plans: All plans
To assign equipment to users and user groups:
- In Assets > Equipment, click the name of the piece of equipment you want to assign.
- In the Associate Users or User Groups section, click the Add button:
You may need to scroll down a bit in the General tab to view this section.
- Do any of the following:
- To assign the asset to individual users, in the Users tab, select the checkboxes next to any users you want to assign the equipment to.
- To assign the asset to user groups, in the User Groups tab, select the checkboxes next to any user groups you want to assign the equipment to. Notifications will be sent to all users in these groups.
For example, you could assign the equipment to the technicians user group so that all of your technicians will receive notifications about it.
- Click Save.
- In the equipment record, click Save again.