There are two options to use when creating a custom field for a work order. Custom fields can be created from the work order form, or from the data dictionary.
1. Custom field on work order form
1. Select any work order from the list, then select the Custom tab, followed by Add Custom Field.
2. Add a Name, Label, and select a Type. The Name must start with a letter, and continue with letters, digits, or underscores.
3. The new custom field is now visible under the Custom tab.
2. Create a custom field through the data dictionary
1. Select Settings, Data Dictionary, and tblWorkOrder.
2. Select the Add New button at the bottom left hand side of the pane.
3. Add a Name and Label that will be displayed above the custom field, then select a field Type. The Name must start with a letter, and continue with letters, digits, or underscores.
4. The custom field is listed with a check-mark in the Data Dictionary indicating that it is a custom field.
5. If we navigate back to the work order form, and click the Custom tab, the new custom field is now available.