Before you begin
Version: v6 (what does this mean?)
Plans: All plans
By default, the app displays all work orders that you have access to. If you want to view a specific set of work orders (such as high priority work orders), you can filter the list to view only those work orders.
There are two types of filters: custom filters and quick filters. Custom filters are filters that you create and customize. Quick filters are preset, and include the following:
- My work orders: Filters for work orders assigned to you. This includes work orders with logged work or tasks assigned to you.
- Work orders missing assets: Filters for work orders that are missing asset information.
- Priority: Filters according to work order priority level.
- Status: Filters according to work order status.
- Maintenance Type: Filters according to work order maintenance type.
- Due date: Filters according to work order due date.
The values in the Priority, Status, Maintenance Type, and Due date drop-down lists come from the values in the CMMS lookup tables. You can find and edit them in Settings > Cmms Settings > Lookup Tables.
To learn more about custom filters, see the following articles:
To learn more about quick filters, see Apply a filter.