This article describes the main ways you can interact with your dashboards. Depending on your permissions, you might not have the necessary access to complete some of these tasks. We've made sure to note any tasks that are dependent on permissions.
Use the links below to navigate directly to a specific task:
Navigate your dashboard
By default, Dashboard is the first feature that the app displays when you log in (although your administrator can configure a different feature to be displayed first). If it's not the first feature displayed (or if you've navigated away from it), you can open it at any time by clicking Dashboard in the feature menu.
Depending on the settings your administrator has configured, you might have access to more than one dashboard. If so, each one is displayed on its own tab:
In the example above, the Executives dashboard is a shared dashboard, which is the app displays the shared dashboard icon () on its tab.
You can click the boxes on the dashboard (called "widgets") to view the data that contributes to them. For example, you could click the overdue work orders widget to navigate directly to a list of overdue work orders.
Edit a widget
Before You Begin: You can only complete this task if you have edit permissions for dashboards. If you don't have edit permissions, the app doesn't display the edit icon in widget headers.
You can customize your dashboard by editing its widgets. For example, you could rename a widget, or change it to only view data after a certain date.
Although you can rename any widget, you might not be able to filter some widgets. Additionally, the widgets have different filter options, so you might not be able to filter all widgets using the same options. For example, you might be able to filter one only by date, but others by date, asset, and user group.
Tip: To learn more about the available widgets, see List of Widgets.
To edit a widget:
- Click the edit icon in the widget header:
- Do any of the following:
- To rename the widget, enter a new name in the Title field.
- To apply any of the filter options, select the checkbox next to the filter, and then select the appropriate filter option. For example, to filter a widget by asset, select the Asset checkbox and then select the assets you want to include.
- Click Save.
Edit a dashboard
Before You Begin: You can only complete this task if you have edit permissions for dashboards.
In addition to editing widgets, you might also be able to edit your dashboards. If you have edit permissions for dashboards, the app displays an edit icon in the dashboard header:
To open the edit controls, click the edit icon. You can make any of the following changes:
- To rename the dashboard, type a new (unique) name.
- To add a widget, click the Add Widget button, then click the Add button under a widget.
- To move a widget, drag and drop it to the appropriate place.
- To resize a widget, drag the bottom right corner (marked by a blue triangle) to the appropriate size.
- To remove a widget, click the X icon in the widget’s header.