Before you begin
This article explains how to remove meters from equipment. When you remove a meter, it still exists and can be added to a different piece of equipment. If you want to delete the meter altogether, see Delete meters.
Further, you can only remove meters that don’t have readings recorded against them. You can tell whether the meter has a reading recorded if a value appears in the Last Meter Reading column.
Version: v6 (what does this mean?)
Plans: All plans
To remove a meter from a piece of equipment:
- In Assets > Equipment, make sure that the Equipment button is selected:
- Click the name of the piece of equipment you want remove the meter from.
- Click the Maintenance Log tab:
- Expand the Meters section.
- In the row for the meter you want to remove, click the ellipses button in the Actions column.
- In the drop-down list, select Remove:
- In the confirmation message that appears, click Delete.
Even though the button says Delete, the meter will still exist and can be assigned to a different piece of equipment. This confirmation message will be updated in a future release.
If you want to fully delete a meter, see Delete meters.