This article answers the following common questions about parts forecaster:
- Who is eligible for parts forecaster?
- When do predictions start?
- How much parts data is used in predictions?
- Can I choose which parts I receive predictions for?
- Why wasn't my dashboard updated on the expected day?
Who is eligible for parts forecaster?
Your organization is eligible for parts forecaster if you meet the following requirements:
- You are on the Professional or Enterprise plan
- You have at least 2 work orders with parts usage over the past 2 weeks
When do predictions start?
Our AI starts analyzing your parts data the Monday after the feature is enabled.
How much parts data is used in predictions?
Our algorithm uses a year's worth of parts usage data to inform its predictions. If you have less than a year's worth of parts data, we supplement our calculations using statistical data. This means that predictions will improve as your accumulate enough parts usage data to use more complex predictive models.
Can I choose which parts I receive predictions for?
Yes, you can select the parts you receive predictions for.
By default, you'll receive predictions for your top 25 parts, which are the 25 most-used parts over the last 8 weeks.
To learn how to select different parts, see Select which parts to include in parts forecaster.
Why wasn't my dashboard updated on the expected day?
In rare cases (i.e. less than 1% of the time), unexpected server issues can interfere with dashboard updates. If this happens, your dashboard should be updated within 24 hours after the expected time.
If your dashboard isn't updated after 24 hours, please contact our support team.