We've made a number of changes to roles and user groups as part of an ongoing initiative to clarify and streamline permissions in Fiix v6. In this release:
User groups and System roles pages have a new look
We’ve updated the look and feel of the user groups and system roles pages. User groups and system roles now use card visualizations so users can more easily view selected user groups and system roles.
Administrator behaviour has changed
The Administrator role has been converted into a checkbox toggle that is separate from user groups and roles. It no longer functions like other roles (it cannot be deleted). Administrators have full and complete access to make changes in the app.
To assign or unassign a user as an Administrator:
- Navigate to Settings > Users.
- Click the user you’d like to add or remove as an Administrator.
- Navigate to the Access Control tab.
- Check or uncheck the Administrator checkbox.
- Click Save.
- In the pop-up confirmation, click Confirm to confirm your changes.