This release includes the following changes to our mobile app:
- Update to minimum supported iOS version
- Cost tracking for work orders
- Reordered fields for parts on work orders
- General bug fixes and security enhancements
Update to minimum supported iOS version
As of this release, we've updated the minimum supported iOS version to iOS 14. If you’re using an older version, your app will continue to work, but you won’t be able to access any new features and fixes.
Please update your device to iOS 14 or above to continue receiving new updates.
Cost tracking for work orders
Before you begin
- This feature is currently only available for v5 tenants, and may need to be enabled by an administrator. To learn how, see Enable editing accounts and charge departments in the mobile app.
- This feature can be used in offline mode.
- Cost tracking text can be customized in translations.
You can now view and edit account and charge department fields for active work orders with the Cost Tracking feature. Users can only edit these fields if they have the Find permission enabled for Accounts and ChargeDepartment in their user group's API permissions.
To do this, navigate to the work order you'd like to update, and tap the Costs tab.
Tap Cost tracking to expand the section, and then either Account or Charge Department:
Select an account or charge department, or search for it by code or description. Click Clear selection to remove a selected account or charge department:
To learn more about this feature, see Add or edit cost information for a work order.
Reordered fields for parts on work orders
Expanding on the previous mobile release, parts information on work orders now displays the Suggested Quantity field above the Quantity Used field: