Before You Begin: We're rolling out this feature in waves during March and April. For more information about the rollout plan, see the Rollout Plan section. Looking for help with the existing version of the portal instead? See the Guest Work Requests section. Not sure which version you're using? Check out this article, which explains the difference between them.
By default, your CMMS comes preconfigured with a Guest user account and a Guest user group:
- The Guest user group provides access only to the work request portal; all other features are disabled, as guests don't need access to anything else in the app.
- The Guest user account (which is the account that we use automatically for anyone who's using the work request portal) is automatically assigned the Guest user group. Other than providing guests access to any sites they need to submit requests for, you shouldn't need to change the permissions for guests.
Guests will only be able to submit requests for the sites you grant them access to. For example, if the Guest user account only has access to Site A and Site B, they won't have the option to submit requests for Site C.
To allow a guest access to submit requests for a site:
- In Settings > Users, click Guest.
- Click Sites & User Groups.
- Click the Add button ().
- In the Site drop-down list, select the site you want to give the user access to submit requests for.
- Select the Guests checkbox:
- Click OK.
- Repeat steps 3-6 for any additional sites you want guests to be able to submit requests for.
- Click Save.