Note: This functionality is only available to customers on the Professional tier or above, who have enabled multi-site support. To learn more, see About Multi-Site and Single-Site Configurations.
Sites are the highest level of the asset hierarchy. They determine access rights to asset and maintenance data in the CMMS. Unlike other elements in the asset hierarchy, you can't add a new site directly. Instead, you create a new site by converting an existing top-level facility.
Before you begin: Only users with admin access can complete this task. If the facility you want to convert doesn't already exist, create it by following the steps described in Create an Asset Hierarchy Manually.
To convert a top-level facility to a site, complete the following steps:
- Navigate to Settings > CMMS Settings > Sites.
- Click the add button, which is located at the bottom of the site list:
- Click the Site drop-down list to open the list of facilities you can convert.
- Click the facility you want to convert.
- (Optional) If the default system timezone doesn't match the local timezone for the site, select the appropriate timezone in the Time Zone drop-down list. To learn more about site timezones, see Change the timezone for a site.
- Click OK.