This article explains how to complete tasks and close a work order using the New Fiix CMMS App.
You can find tasks on the Tasks tab of your work order. Tasks are color-coded by status:
- To-Do tasks (i.e. tasks you haven't started yet) are grey.
- Started tasks are blue.
- Completed and Done tasks are green.
- Overdue tasks are red.
To complete tasks, follow the steps below:
- Navigate to the Tasks tab in the work order.
- Click the task you want to complete.
- Click Log Work.
- (Optional) If the task already has work logged against it, you can view it by clicking View previously logged work.
- Depending on the task type, complete the appropriate steps listed below:
- For General tasks, record the time spent and task notes. To set the task as complete, verify that the Complete task toggle is green.
- For Text tasks, record the result (i.e. your observation notes), time spent, and task notes. To set the task as complete, verify that the Complete task toggle is green.
- For Inspection tasks, record whether the inspection passed or failed by clicking the appropriate button. Then, record the time spent and task notes.
- For Meter Reading tasks, record the meter reading, time spent, and task notes. To set the task as complete, verify that the Complete task toggle is green.
- Click Save.
Note: When a task within a work order is completed, the work order moves to the Started tab. When all the tasks within a work order are completed, the work order moves to the Done tab.
Close a work order
To close a work order:
- Navigate to the Details tab of the work order.
- Change the work order status to one that corresponds to closed (e.g. closed, completed).
Note: You can still view the completed work order in the Done tab for 24 hours, after which point it's only visible in the web app.