Failure codes is a feature available to users on the Enterprise CMMS only. The Fiix failure codes hierarchy is built on the standard problem, cause, action framework, and loosely resembles a family tree. By classifying repairs using failure codes during the work order, your organization has the ability to report on similar issues, spot trends, and take corrective action to prevent future occurrences. This procedure will outline how to use failure codes on the work order form. In this procedure, we are going to use a real life example, where smoke has been coming from the engine of one of our delivery vans.
2. Create or import failure codes
3. (Optional) Configure a failure hierarchy for an asset category
Using failure codes on a work order
Note: You can only use failure codes in single-asset work orders.
1. To begin, create a work order as normal, filling in all relevant information. On the general tab of the work order you will notice a new Problem Code field. Using the Problem Code drop down menu, select your Problem code, from your predefined list (See Prerequisite 3). In this instance the engine is overheating and smoking so we will choose overheating as our problem.
2. You will notice that your problem has now been added to the work order form.
- In the above screenshot you will notice the highlighted line Click here to find work orders with similar problems. Clicking this link will bring you to a list of work order with similar problems so you can see what course of action to take as you carry out this work order.
3. Next, navigate to the Completion tab of the work order to add your Cause and Actions to the work order. These will generally be added to the work order upon inspection of the job at hand. Select the cause from the Cause Code dropdown menu, the action from the Action Code dropdown menu, and click Save.
4. Your selection will now be added to the work order form. In this case the best course of action was to flush and fill the passageway to remove any dirt and allow coolant to flow freely to the engine.
5. Once the cause and actions have been added the work order, fill in the remaining fields on the work order