This article outlines how to configure business tracking. The business tracking feature gives users the ability to add, and attach vendor information directly to asset, parts, work orders, or scheduled maintenance. Doing this establishes a direct relationship between assets, and the vendors or customers they’re associated with. This feature is currently available for both professional and enterprise CMMS users.
1. Turn On Business Tracking
1. To enable business tracking for your CMMS, click Settings, CMMS Settings, and Business Tracking
2. There are three options.
1. Enable business tracking: This will turn on this feature in your CMMS.
2. Show primary vendor on assets, work orders and scheduled maintenance: Selecting this displays vendor information on an asset, work order or scheduled maintenance form.
3. Show primary customer on assets, work orders and scheduled maintenance: Selecting this displays customer information on an asset, work order or scheduled maintenance form.
3. Click Save for the changes to take effect.
2. Add a New Business Group
The CMMS comes with five pre-built business groups out of the box, all of which are listed in the business tracking tab. It’s also possible to add your own additional business types if needed.
1. To add additional business groups, click New in the Business Groups window
2. Enter the business type Name
3. Select the Relationship Type. Enable Set Default Supplier, or Set Default Manufacturer if you want this business type to be used when the supplier, or manufacturer is not defined by the user (e.g., when importing assets). Click OK to complete.
4. The new business group will now be listed in the business groups section of the business tracking tab