Most automobile manufacturers recommend you perform a service at certain intervals. These are usually xx,000 miles or 1 year, whatever comes first. So, you could use your CMMS to trigger a preventive maintenance (PM) every year or at certain mileages, whichever comes first. The date trigger needs to be reset whenever the service is complete. To do this, perform the following:
1. In the Scheduling tab of the scheduled maintenance, select Generate Work Order when any of the triggers fire, and click New
2. Set the first Trigger for a Time Schedule: Every 1 year starting today. As the vehicle is brand new, set the Start On date to 1 year from today:
3. Set the second trigger for mileage. In this example, the start point is set at 0 miles. The next trigger is set for 15,000 which means the first service will happen at 15,000 miles.
4. Select OK. The schedule is complete.
5. Activate the PM by switching the toggle to running
6. You can check your work in the Scheduling, Next Trigger Threshold section. In this case, the next is due on the 4th July 2017 or 15,000 miles, whichever comes first.
For more information on triggering, see the Scheduled Maintenance Triggers help centre guide.