Before You Begin
Records that contain special characters (commas, quotation marks, etc.) can result in corrupted data, and can even cause imports to fail. We suggest doing a test import with only 2 or 3 records to ensure your formatting is correct. To learn more about special characters in import files, see Troubleshooting Imports.
A Task Group can be imported as a CSV (comma-separated value) file type. The first row of the file contains column headers where each column takes its own value. In this case, Task Group Name, Task Description, Suggested Time, SMs Linked, and Asset Categories Linked.
Select Save as and choose the file format as .CSV (Comma Separated Value) when complete.
Importing CSV File into your CMMS
1. Select Maintenance - Task Groups - Import
2. Click in the Input File box to locate your file, and then click Continue.
3. Define the field mappings by matching the header in your CSV file to the corresponding item from the drop down menu. The fields shown on the left are extracted from your file, while the fields chosen through the drop downs are CMMS fields. Click Continue when complete.
4. The CSV file is then analyzed. Select Import.
5. The Task Group has been successfully imported. Click Done to close the pop up.
6. Perform a verification to ensure task groups were imported properly.