Before you begin
Version: v6 (what does this mean?)
There are 3 different statuses you can assign to a user account:
- Active, which means that the user can log in and use the app. When you activate a user account, we automatically send emails welcoming the new user and prompting them to set a password.
- Passive, which means that the user can't log in to the app (and therefore doesn't need a license), but they will still receive any notifications you've configured for them. For example, if your senior managers don't need to log in, but still want to be notified about new work orders, you could configure the necessary notifications and set their accounts to passive.
- Deactivated, which means that the user can't log in (and therefore doesn't need a license) and won't receive any notifications. For example, you could assign this status to users who no longer work for your organization, or who are on temporary leave and don't need to receive notifications.
To change a user's account status:
- Navigate to Settings > Users.
- Click the user whose status you want to change.
- In the Status drop-down list, select the appropriate status:
- Depending on which status you selected, the app might display an additional confirmation message:
- If you set the user's account to Active, skip to step 5.
- If you set the user's account to Passive, click Close.
- If you set the user's account to Deactivated, click Deactivate. The app displays a success message and updates the Status drop-down list:
- To return to the user list, click Back.