Before you begin
Bulk import for equipment is only available for users who have the Manage equipment permission enabled on Basic, Professional, and Enterprise plans.
Version: v6 (what does this mean?)
Plans: Basic, Professional, Enterprise
The easiest way to bulk import records is to use a spreadsheet saved as a CSV, TXT, or TSV file, which can be created and edited in Excel or Google Sheets.
Uploading from a spreadsheet includes the following processes:
- Creating the spreadsheet
- Uploading the spreadsheet
- Confirming headers
- Matching spreadsheet headers to Fiix fields
- Reviewing and fixing any errors
Create a spreadsheet for import
To bulk import records from a spreadsheet, you need to create the file and populate it with data. Fiix allows for some differences between your spreadsheet and Fiix’s data, but your spreadsheet (saved as a CSV, TSV, or TXT file) should include the following fields for equipment and warranties:
|Fields for equipment import|
|Parent Equipment Code||✔️|
|Use parent location||✔️|
|Assigned User Group||✔️|
|Purchase price currency||✔️|
|Address Line 1||✔️|
|Address Line 2||✔️|
|State or Province||✔️|
|Zip or Postal Code||✔️|
|Fields for warranty import|
Upload an import spreadsheet
To upload an import spreadsheet:
- Navigate to Assets > Equipment.
- Click the Action (…) button.
- Click Import equipment or Import warranties depending on what you are importing:
- Click Upload data from file:
- Select your spreadsheet from your device and click Open.
Confirm header rows
To upload your data accurately, the uploader tool needs to know which row of your spreadsheet contains your headers:
- If the arrow is pointing to your header row, click Yes:
- If the arrow is not pointing at your header row, click Select another row.
- If there is no header row, click No header row.
Match spreadsheet headers to Fiix fields
Your spreadsheet’s data may differ from the fields in Fiix. Fiix automatically maps (i.e. matches) your spreadsheet headers to the closest data fields, but you need to confirm these mappings before moving on.
To match your headers to the fields in Fiix:
- If the header matches the data field in Fiix, click Confirm mapping:
- For headers that do not match, choose the most similar option from the drop-down list, and then click Confirm mapping.
- For headers that you don’t want uploaded to Fiix, click Ignore this column.
Review and fix data
Fiix flags data that might not upload properly before you finish bulk importing. This includes missing fields or duplicated entries for items that have to be unique.
- Issues are highlighted in red. For more details about each issue, hover your cursor over the red field:
- To fix an issue, edit the data directly in the table.
- When you’re finished, click Continue.
- If there are unresolved format issues, a pop-up will confirm that you want to discard these items and submit the rest.
To discard, click Continue. To fix the data, click Go back.
- Upon successful import, a pop-up window will show successful completion. Click Ok.
- Confirm the successful import.